> Side Dishes
> Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise and cored (or any type of tomato you have)
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat an 8-inch-square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, oil, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Spread the tomatoes in the prepared baking dish. Bake until the tomatoes are broken down and the juices are thick and syrupy, 1 hour 20 minutes to 1 hour 35 minutes.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a blender. Add vinegar and puree. (Use caution when blending hot mixtures.) Cool completely before using.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?