Lentil and Carrot Salad with Kale
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1 cup Puy lentils
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 onion, split in half
- 1 clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups homemade or store-bought low sodium vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and cut into ribbons
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Place lentils in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Strain lentils and place back in pot.
Add carrots, onion, clove, bay leaf, broth, and a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain pot. Place lentils and vegetables in a large bowl. Discard clove and bay leaf. Season to taste with pepper and more salt.
In a medium saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add kale and cook, stirring frequently, until starting to tenderize, 3 to 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add to lentils.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Pour vinaigrette over lentils and toss to combine. Serve immediately, or allow to cool and serve cold or at room temperature. Salad can be stored in a sealed container for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?