Szechuan Spicy Eggplant
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1 pound Japanese (or small) eggplant, halved and cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Arrange eggplant in a vegetable steamer. Steam, covered, 5 minutes, or until eggplant is tender; set aside.
Whisk broth and next 5 ingredients (through paste) in a bowl.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add eggplant and salt; stir in the broth mixture. Cover; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?