Recipe Home > Main Dish > Stuffed Sunburst Squash
- 4 Small Sunburst Squash
- 1 Cup of Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 Cup Gated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Chopped White Onion
- 1 Minced Clove of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (I used Sunflower)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a wide skillet, bring a depth of 1 inch of water to a simmer.
- While you're waiting for the water, slice a small portion of the ends off each squash. This will allow easier access to scoop them out, and also give them a 'foot' to stand on.
- When the water is ready, add the squash and let cook for five minutes on each side.
- When time has elapsed, remove from the water and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Empty the water and dry your pan. Return it to the stove set on a burner at medium-high heat. Add your couple tablespoons of vegetable oil and let it heat up.
- In the meantime, scoop out the squash cavities. Save all the scooped out flesh! Use a clean towel to squeeze out the water left in the scooped out flesh. Chop them up and add them to the oil along with your chopped onion.
- Saute the onion and squash until they just start to turn a golden color (4-5 minutes), then add your minced garlic. Cook for 30 more seconds and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Once cooled off a little, add the spinach, chicken and 1/2 Cup of Parmesan cheese to the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Stuff each squash with equal amounts of the filling.
- Top each squash with equal portions of the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the squash are cooked thoroughly and the cheese top has become golden.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?