Roasted Vegetables with Brown Rice
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 pound mixed potatoes, cut into chunks (or, small potatoes like fingerlings or easter egg)
1 bunch carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cup brown rice (wehani works well)
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the cauliflower, potatoes, and carrots in the 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place the cauliflower on a separate baking sheet than the potatoes and carrots, as the vegetables have different cooking times.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the rice and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Cover and cook 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove the cauliflower after about 25 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and carrots after about 1 hour.
- After the rice is fully cooked, remove the pot from the heat, keep covered and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, season with salt and pepper.
- Serve a mound of rice topped with roasted vegetables, and enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?