> Main Dish
> Eight-Ball Zucchini Parmesan
- 1 (1-ounce) slice French bread, torn into small pieces
- 6 eight-ball zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- 8 basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered (about 5 ounces)
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Set aside.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Set pulp aside. Steam zucchini shells, covered, 6 minutes or until tender. Drain, cut sides down, on several layers of heavy-duty paper towels.
- Place zucchini pulp in food processor; process until finely chopped. Spoon into a bowl. Place spinach, basil, garlic, and onion in food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add spinach mixture; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add zucchini pulp, tomato, and salt; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in breadcrumbs.
- Fill each zucchini half with about 2 1/2 tablespoons zucchini mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?