Apple Cranberry Currant Crumble Pie
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1/4 c brandy
- 1/4 c dried currants
- 1 1/2 c fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp plus 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 c sliced peeled Granny Smith apples
- 10-inch pie pastry for a single-crust pie
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl mix 1 cup white sugar with 6 Tbsp flour, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Use a slotted spoon to transfer currants from brandy (reserve the brandy) to the sugar mixture. Add cranberries and apples and mix well. Pour filling into unbaked pie pastry and drizzle with the reserved brandy.
2. In another bowl mix 1 cup flour with 2/3 cup of brown sugar. Add the butter and cut in with a pastry blender or rub with your fingers until the mixture forms small lumps. Sprinkle topping over the filling. Set pie in a foil-lined 10x15 inch baking pan (to catch the juices).
3. Bake on bottom rack until juices bubble, 55 to 65 minutes. If pie browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil.
4. Set pie on rack, uncovered, to cool for 2 to 3 hours.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?