> Side Dishes
> Baked Rhubarb
- 1 pound rhubarb, leaves discarded and stalks cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus more for baking dish
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- Unsalted butter, softened, for baking dish
- Heavy cream, for serving
- Place rhubarb and 1/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Scrape vanilla seeds into bowl and add pod. Toss to combine; let stand 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking dish and coat with sugar, tapping out any excess. Transfer rhubarb mixture to baking dish and bake, gently stirring halfway through, until tender, about 30 minutes. Discard vanilla pod. Let cool slightly in dish on a wire rack. Serve warm drizzled with heavy cream.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?