Sweet and Tangy Sauteed Collard Greens
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 Vidalia or other sweet onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds collard greens - rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in collard greens, in batches if necessary, until they wilt slightly and all fit in the skillet. Pour in water and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green and tender, 5 to 7 minutes, regulating heat to prevent burning. Drain.
- Meanwhile, whisk vinegar, honey, ginger and butter together in a serving bowl for dressing. Add greens to bowl and toss with dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve warm.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?