- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lb red cabbage, cored and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Gala or Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup unfiltered apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 whole allspice (optional), crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
Cook garlic in butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add cabbage, apple, cider, caraway, allspice (if using), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
Add vinegar and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?