> Side Dishes
> Pear, Prosciutto & Hazelnut Stuffing
Pear, Prosciutto & Hazelnut Stuffing
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
2 1/4 hours (prep time included)
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into ribbons
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 8 cups stale baguette, preferably multi-grain (not sourdough), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, fennel and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Add sage, thyme and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Transfer everything to a large bowl and gently stir in bread, pears, parsley, hazelnuts and the prosciutto. Add broth; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish; cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top is beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?