- 4 c fresh cranberries
- 2 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 6 whole(s) cloves
- 2 stick(s) (3-inch) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 (6-ounce) Granny Smith apples
- 2 (6-ounce ) firm Bosc or Anjou pears
- 1 small (5-ounce) yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup(s) golden raisins
- 1/3 cup(s) diced crystallized ginger
1 Large bowl
In a deep 6-quart saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, 1 1/4 cups water, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently to dissolve sugar.
Cook until berries begin to pop open, 10 to 12 minutes.
Adjust heat so mixture barely simmers. Stir in apples, pears, onion, raisins, and ginger. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until thick, 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
Discard visible cinnamon sticks and cloves.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?