Braised Leeks and Mushrooms
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 3 leeks
- 1 cup fat-free beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups quartered mushrooms
- 1. Remove roots, outer leaves, and tops from leeks, leaving 6 inches of each leek. Cut each diagonally into thirds, then diagonally in half to form 6 triangular pieces. Rinse under cold water; drain well.
- 2. Combine beef broth, tomato paste, salt, thyme, and pepper in a bowl, and stir with a whisk.
- 3. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks and mushrooms, and sauté 6 minutes or until the vegetables are lightly browned. Add broth mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until leeks are tender. Uncover, and simmer 7 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring occasionally.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?