Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour (I use King Arthur’s organic white whole-wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted + butter for frying
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 100% pure maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well (hole) in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the honey, eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Whisk together thoroughly, but do not overmix.
- Gently fold the mashed bananas into the batter with a spatula.
- Heat a griddle or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Swirl enough butter around the pan until it is well coated. Add pancake batter using a soup ladle.
- When the pancakes have begun brown on the bottom, flip them over to cook the other side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup and a side of fruit. And don’t forget to freeze the leftovers for another day!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?