Recipe Home > Main Dish > Sweet Potato Collard Green Stir Fry
Sweet Potato Collard Green Stir Fry
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups sweet potato, cut into matchsticks
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 4 collard green stems, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 bunch of collards leaves, in chiffonade
1. Place the water in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Cover and heat until water bubbles appear. When water bubbles, add the sweet potatoes and salt. Cover, turn heat down to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sweet potato matchsticks begin to become tender.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the orange juice, peanut butter, tamari or soy sauce and curry powder.
3. Add the carrots, raisins, and collard stems to the skillet. Pour on the orange peanut sauce and stir until the veggies are coated. Cover and simmer for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the collard green leaves to the skillet and simmer for 3 minutes more, stirring to coat the greens with the orange peanut sauce. Enjoy!
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?