Recipe Home > Main Dish > Red Chard and Caramelized Onions
Red Chard and Caramelized Onions
0 made it | 0 reviews | 0 photos
- Red chard (about 2 large bunches)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- In a cast iron skillet, cook onions in olive oil over medium-high heat until they begin to brown. Stir in brown sugar, and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- When onions are brown and tender, stir in chard and olives. Cook until chard is slightly wilted. Stir in capers and salt, and continue cooking until chard is completely wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with black pepper and squeeze lemon over the top.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?