> Main Dish
> Eight-Ball Zucchini Stuffed with Rice, Basil, and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- 4 8-ball zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed)
- 1 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 5 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Cut zucchini tops off about 3/4 inch from the top. Scoop out the insides, being careful to leave a wall about 1/4 inch thick on all sides. Steam zucchini and tops for about 8 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Rehydrate the sun-dried tomatoes by soaking them in hot water until softened. Remove from water and chop. Reserve soaking water.
- Chop the zucchini pulp. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute. Add the zucchini pulp and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the tomatoes, brown rice and almonds, and if the mixture seems dry, add a splash of the tomato liquid. Add the basil leaves, Kalamata olives, and black pepper to taste. Cook until warm, about 3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Using a spoon, carefully stuff the rice mixture into the zucchini, mounding slightly on top. Place in an uncovered baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Serve hot, covered with tops if desired.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?