> Main Dish
> Eggplant Sandwich
- 1 small eggplant, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (6 inch) French sandwich rolls
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Preheat your oven's broiler. Brush eggplant slices with olive oil, and place them on a baking sheet or broiling pan. Place the pan about 6 inches from the heat source. Cook under the broiler for 10 minutes, or until tender and toasted.
- Split the French rolls lengthwise, and toast. In a cup or small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and garlic. Spread this mixture on the toasted bread. Fill the rolls with eggplant slices, tomato, feta cheese and basil leaves.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?