> Main Dish
> Chili-Brown Sugar Delicata Squash with Pears
1 Pound delicata squash
- 2 medium ripe but firm pears, sliced
- 2 tsbp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tsbp water
- 1 tsbp light brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out the seeds. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices. Toss in a large bowl with pears, oil, salt and pepper. Spread on a large baking sheet.
- Roast the squash and pears until just tender, stirring once or twice, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but 2 teaspoons fat from the pan. Over medium heat, stir in water, brown sugar and chili powder. Add the squash and pears; toss to coat. Crumble the bacon on top.
No reviews yet! Will you be the first?